Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holiday Vignettes



Just enjoying photographing little vignettes inside and out. Wreath in front of old black tray with "rescued" moss green ribbon....wire green basket filled with cedar and gold matte ornaments. The electricity company had just trimmed the cedars and pines across the road when I drove in from work...so I made a beeline over there and collected the fallen branches...great thrifty greenery for the season!


During the spring and summer, this rusty Baker's rack holds my gardening items and a few green plants and birds' nests.

I found the plaque at Hobby Lobby on the 80% off rack. I refinished it and added the scrapbook paper background. I used the Cricut machine to cut a set of flourishes and then cut them apart to compose the Christmas tree. Added sparkles and the word Peace and it looks just right with my carnival glass vase!


Even the garden tub ledge gets the "holiday" treatment with the addition of a coppery mesh bow. My family of Peter's Pottery frogs reside here year round and like the company of the McCarty pottery pinched vase.

Counter top vignette adds color and texture to the kitchen area. I love the glass and iron tray and use it in various ways year round. It contains items neatly but is light enough to be unobtrusive.

Arthur Court tiny cake plate is topped with a Southern Living At Home glass topper.

I found this $17.00 wreath in the Alley Cat section of the Monroe, LA. Paul Michael's store for $4!! I bought two! Love the color and the tinsel look. I added $ Tree ornaments, mesh bow and an old gingerbread man ornament and viola....sweet little wreath above my sink.

Every year my mother thread counted everyone of us a new ornament for Christmas...it was always dated and had our initials on it. Many were tiny stockings and sometimes we received little mittens. I gathered our stockings together and placed them in an old blue bowl. I love seeing them and remembering my sweet, kind mom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! Love, love, love all of it!!!