Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Friday, December 24, 2010

"For With God Nothing Shall Be Impossible"

Do you have a moment? Or is there "no room in the inn" for such today? Please, know that my feeble attempts at this will never do THE story justice, but for today, I'd like to re-introduce you to the characters intimately involved with The Birth of Christ, the beginning on earth of our Salvation.

Meet Mary & descriptive words & phrases...virgin, espoused (engaged), troubled by Gabriel's message, highly favored, shall conceive, bring forth a son, call His name Jesus, the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee, "be it unto me according to thy word", my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior." Brought forth her first-born son, wrapped him in swaddling clothes, "And Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart."



Meet Joseph & descriptive words & phrases...a just man, minded to put her away privately, told to not fear to take Mary as his wife, did as the angel of the Lord had bidden, took Mary as his wife, went up from Galilee to the city of David, Bethlehem, he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered, called His name Jesus, brought Jesus to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord, offered a pair of turtledoves as a sacrifice, marveled at words of Simeon, obeyed angel and took Mary and Jesus and fled by night to Egypt.


Meet the shepherds & descriptive words & phrases...abiding in the fields, watching their sheep, visited and told news of Jesus' birth by a heavenly host of angels, very much afraid, went to Bethlehem to see this thing which had come to pass, told others what they had seen, glorified and praised God.



Meet the Wisemen & descriptive words & phrases...from the east, looking for Jesus, followed His star in the east and came to worship Him, rejoiced with exceedingly great joy, presented Jesus gold, frankincense, and myrrh, warned of God in a dream NOT to return to Herod, departed and returned to their own country.

Meet the angels & descriptive words & phrases...Gabriel (who stands in the presence of God and was sent), appeared first to Zacharias, the husband of Elisabeth and father of John the Baptist, next appeared to Mary to announce her good tidings, appeared to Joseph and assured him, appeared singly and then enmass to shepherds in the field and announced Jesus' birth, told Joseph to take Mary & Jesus to Egypt and to stay until he told him to come back.

Meet Jesus & descriptive words & phrases...child of the Holy Spirit, first-born son, His name is Jesus; for He shall save His people from their sins, Immanuel, God with us, King of the Jews, Governor that shall rule my people, Herod will seek the young child to destroy Him, young child, great, the Son of the Highest, Lord God shall give to Him the throne of his father, David, shall reign over the house of Jacob forever, of His kingdom there shall be no end, Son of God.



I know there are others, but for this post, I singled out these because of one connecting thread....ALL THE ABOVE OBEYED THE COMMANDS OF GOD.


"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Heartfelt wishes for a joyous Christmas from my house to yours.

No comments: