Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tip of The Week: Easy Autumn Apple Spice Cake & Mums





This is my ABSOLUTE favorite time of the year!! There is nothing like a day like today! Breezy, cool and sunny. Hubby and I rode to Monroe, Louisiana to Paul Michael's. For those of you who don't know, Paul Michael's is a decorator's delight! They have so much stuff stuffed in that store that it is just bursting at the seams with everything wonderful for your home. And then there is the back part of the store called "Alley Cats"....marked down things that make your heart flutter. There is also a Paul Michael's in Lake Village, Arkansas.

After shopping and enjoying my partner's company, we came home to football on the TV and I sneaked off to buy some mums and cake mix! Strange combination, you say? Not at all. After planting the mums and tidying up the flower beds, I came in and got right to the job of making a wonderful spice cake. It was so easy that I wanted to share it with you. I just made it up as I went along.

Autumn Apple Spice Cake

1 box of spice cake mix ( 3 eggs, 1/3 c. oil and 1 1/3 c. water was called for by the mix)

1 Granny Smith apple (washed,chopped, but not peeled)

small bag of walnut pieces

2 small snack boxes raisins

can of cream cheese frosting

cinnamon

Mix cake according to directions on box. Add most of walnuts, all raisins and chopped apple.

Pour into an oiled, floured oblong pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 32 minutes. Remove and let cool. Frost with cream cheese frosting. I added some cinnamon to the frosting and sprinkled the top with walnuts. I think carrots instead of apples would be good, too. Yummy with morning coffee...

Also found an inexpensive cake carrier and added polka dots and initials. Fall's the bomb!!

5 comments:

Angela McInnis said...

I wish my pictures would behave themselves. I can't ever get them to go where I want them to go! I can only figure out how to post them at the beginning of a post, never "inside" the post! Sorry!!

Lina said...

OH my goodness. I HAVE to make this cake!!! Sounds sooo yummy!

Angela McInnis said...

Lina, I think this cake lends itself to all kinds of things...cupcakes with autumn things on top, take the cake with you to a potluck...a round cake on a cake stand surrounded by candy corn or pumpkins...change the ingredients to suit your family...jack of all trades! Let me hear what you do.

Donna said...

Thanks, Angela! I absolutely LOVE spice cake!! It says AUTUMN!!!

Angela McInnis said...

Well, get in the kitchen, Donna and start rattling those pots and pans!!