Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Monday, October 4, 2010

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Do you remember a time in your life when you actually didn't know what that old saying meant? No good deed goes unpunished should be embedded deeply in my poor brain, but alas, I continue to try and prove it wrong.

Do you recall telling your best high school friend that her boyfriend was a no good cheating bum and then watched her walk away and run directly into his arms? She never spoke to you again. Man, speaking of "killing the messenger."

Remember the casserole you took to the bereaved neighbor and she happened to get sick and told everyone in the community that it was YOUR food that did it? Or the time a friend asked for your "HONEST" opinion about something, you drew a breath, told the truth and she never trusted you again?

Well, my life has been littered with good intentions that went awry. Last week was no exception. I had a wreck. I had a completely unexplainable encounter with a NO PARKING sign that got the best of me, my passenger side mirror and my right front tire. There, I've said it.

Now, how did this happen? I was leaving my daddy's apartment. I had just returned his freshly washed and folded laundry to him. (The Good Deed). I was trying to avoid something in the road and the next thing I know I was mowing down the sign. Was the sign too close to the street? Yes, it most certainly was. Was the sign injured? No, it was not. Was "hubby" happy with me? No, he was not. Did I enjoy the week in the rental car? No. I couldn't see over the steering wheel...problematic for me.

Now, the BIG question: Will I quit doing good deeds? Answer: NO, I will NOT. I will keep on keeping on. Am I nuts? Maybe.

No comments: