Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tip of the Week: Boo! Pumpkin Pillows for the Porch



You know I am on this "saving $" kick, but I really wanted to have a cute orange and white polka dot pillow in my porch rocker. I just couldn't justify the expenditure. (This "trying to be conservative" thing is a very new experience for me, please, bear with me.)
As I was browsing in Big Lots for something to monogram with the new Cricut, I stumbled upon these clear orange pumpkin trick or treat bags...hmmmm...what if I took this home and stuffed my black and white ticking pillow inside?

When I drove in the driveway I charged right to the front porch and unceremoniously stuffed that sucker right into the bag and tied the top shut with the black cloth handles! Eureka! A funny pillow for $1.50 (plus tax, of course.) Not as cute as orange polka dots, but lots cheaper and it saved some time. I love a good deal.

Also pictured above is my first attempt at using the Cricut. I layered the colors for the owl. Hope you will share something fun you've done for the season...
Reminder: Registered "Followers" of this blog are in the running for a small mixed media canvas drawing later this month. If you read it, you might as well register. You don't have to use your real name...we'll understand your need for anonymity.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

very good, Angela!!

LIBBY said...

VERY CUTE, MRS. CREATIVE!!

Marie Ross said...

You are so crafty! I love it!!!

Mary said...

LOVE IT! AND YOU Know how much I love your blog!!! I really think you need to draw me for that canvas seeing it is my b'day and everything LOL:)

Angela McInnis said...

My husband (you know who) says I see the world through a different prism...don't know exactly what he means but I'll just pretend it's a compliment! My problem has always been too much imagination...not enough moola.