Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring, Bunnies, Birds and MARY!

I'm in love with all things "NEST"... my friend, Mary Quinn, who owns Flowers by Mary in Brandon, MS. has taken the word to a new level this spring. When I entered her shop this week, I knew I had to make a post about all the wonderful things she has in store for us!

Located at 395 Crossgates Blvd. in Brandon, MS, Mary has been in business as long as I can remember. She has helped me in so many situations, I couldn't begin to remember them all. Like the time I decided, "Sure, I can make a groom's cake...how hard can that be?" The day of the wedding, I arrived with what looked like the Leaning Tower of Pisa and was ready for a nervous breakdown, when Mary said, "Go get dressed and let me fix this." When I returned, the cake was not only standing up straight, it was wreathed in lovely flowers! She's a magician, she is!
I failed to get pictures of the outside of the building in the daylight, so I took these at night...oops! Flash and all...sorry!

Welcome to Flowers by Mary! What a cheerful entrance!
Topiaries AND bunnies!? Oh, my!


Mr. and Mrs. Cottontail greet us...I just love all things"bunny", don't you?



Who wouldn't be charmed to be greeted on the front porch by this little scallieway? He's about 30 inches tall and oh, so sweet!


Can you stand anymore "cuteness"?


These bunnies are some of the prettiest I've ever seen...


Moving on to "nests"... there is something infinitely sweet and special about an egg-filled nest. It's such a symbol of hope and hard work.


I must confess, this one came home with me!
Flutter on by and check out this butterfly tree...LOOOOOVVVE the colors!

How about clipping some of these to your little girl's curtains or to her bedside lamp?
An announcement wreath for a new baby's room? Mary has lots of cute gifts for the newly arrived.

What about an arrangement to go with a Beatrix Potter book? Maybe The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies?
This nice size ceramic Ducky planter can be used as a "catch all" when the flowers fade. Blue, white or pink hats are available!!

Could I have a favorite? Yep. Lambie Pie here is my pick for precious-ness.

Bird bath anyone?

Pastel trees on which to hang the cutest spring eggs!

I further confess to buying some of these eggs...absolutely beautiful! $2.85...oh, please!

From silk arrangements ...

To the real deal...

Mary is generous, attentive to detail and the best at grasping your vision and translating it into a lovely reality.
Thank you, Mary, for letting us peek into your shop.

Ladies, you better "bee line" it over there...that stuff isn't going to last long! When you go, will you please tell Mary that you read about her shop on the blog?

I am linking to Pink Saturday, click here and join us!
Happy Spring, Ya'll,

8 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

That one bunny looked like it was made from hydrangea petals! Cute stuff!

Angela McInnis said...

It was...but silk! Cutest things! Glad you liked them..

Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement said...

I love, love, love those topiaries! I wish I lived closer to MS so I could visit her store. It looks like my kind of place. :)

Thanks for sharing.
Pam

Rhonda said...

Wow, where do I start? I love everything I see!!! Especially the bunny's!! I am new to blogging! This is my first week participating in Pink Saturday! I am having so much fun! I am now following you, I hope you will also follow me!
Rhonda :-)

Unknown said...

Oh,mercy!! I want one of EVERYTHING, but that little lambie pie would steal my heart.

Happy St. Patrick's Day ~
Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

CSN GIVEAWAY ENDS 3/17

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

Everything is so soft.Laura

grey rose (they/them) said...

i just love bunnies and spring decorations! we have THE lamest florist shops here. ugh.
thanks for this post, happied up my day!:)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a beautiful shop! I do agree that they are some of the cutest bunnies and eggs I have ever seen. Those eggs would look great on my Easter trees!! Stop by when you can to see my Easter trees!!

Hugs,
Debbie