Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Here Comes Peter Cottontail...Easter Preview

Did I hear somebody say that Easter is right around the corner? Wait until the last moment? I think not! I have been collecting rabbits for over 30 years...I keep some out all year round, but during Spring Break I bring them all out to play! Welcome to my "It's Spring, Ya'll, Open House!"


My wonderful Flea Market Find = apple green basket filled with Easter Grass, my Flowers By Mary nest and my McCarty Birds.



Open my backdoor and you are met by a happy vignette of Mary's eggs, tiny bunnies, velvet bunnies and my $ Tree egg tree...tree, eggs and flowers totaled $3!


I've had this little egg (my son's) for almost 30 years!

My centerpiece on the dining table will change throughout the season. This is my "everyday" centerpiece. On Easter Sunday, I pull out all the stops and use some vintage china and the centerpiece has to be dressed up to match...but for today, this will do.

My gold dragonflies are two of my most versatile decorating accessories. Today they perch on the glass hurricanes...sometimes you catch them on my clock in the foyer and I've seen them on my Christmas tree, too! You just never know around here!

My muffin keeper holds nary a muffin, but it's a wonderfully safe place for my white bunnies.

I painted these crackled rosebud bunnies for my mother in ceramics class. I display them in her honor and remember how happy she was to keep them in her bedroom on the dresser year round.

I don't think you can see the details of the eggs in the jar...I've run out of places to put them all, so it's the jar for these! The little rabbits are over 30 years old.


Onto the buffet... On the left are very vintage bunnies on an antique cake stand.


I found the paper mache candy container as naked as a jay bird at the flea market, brought him home and painted him pronto! The bunny on the left is a Peter's Pottery and the one on the right is an old Made In Japan one. Love my nest of golden eggs and feathers!!

Candy container bunny is carrying a Humpty Dumpty porcelain egg I made in ceramics class a number of years ago...

I tried several things in the china hutch....

before I settled on this one. I found the chicks at Cracker Barrel, the eggs are real blown out quail eggs and the Fenton hen dish was an anniversary present from the "hubster".

I added a cheese dome I found at Good Will. It's sitting on the clover plates I found at the FM.

I also tried the plates holding a 50 cent egg cup I found at the thrift store...Look at that cute little chick.

Last, but certainly not least, is one of my favorite Easter items, my Teena Flanner bunny riding a rooster! I love Teena Flanner designs, I have several and alas when I went to take my chocolate painted TF bunny out today, one of its ears was broken and the ear was NO WHERE to be found...I was crushed.


My spring decor evolves as the season ages, so who knows how it will end up by the latter part of April. I want to do a post on my sugar eggs and bunnies...maybe a tutorial. I'll work on it this week. You will have lots of fun doing those!


I hope you enjoyed this little preview tour and I am linking to Dittle Dattle's Amaze Me Monday and A Stroll Thru Life. Grab the buttons below to attend...





May all your bunnies be Godiva chocolate ones,



8 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Angela, I like the chicks in the cubbies! Everything is so cute. I always decorate for Easter after St. Patrick's Day.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Amanda sent me over to see your blog and she was RIGHT! I LOVE IT! The little wooden hutch is precious with the baby chicks! I want to decorate some more after seeing all of your pretty things! ♥

Grannys Attic said...

Hi Angela, I love all you cute Easter decor. The vintage bunny is so pretty. Blessings, Vicky

Phyllis said...

I so enjoyed lingering and looking at your Easter treasures.....adore the blue egg that belongs to your son. I have a sugar egg that my grandmother gave to me over 60 years ago, and suprisingly, it is looks pretty good. I see that you are very sentimental and I like that.

Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement said...

You have so many incredible bunnies! I love all of your decorations and am so impressed with your collection. Beautifully displayed!

Pam

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Angela,
I just love all of your Bunnies and Easter Decor!!

So very pretty!!

Thanks so much for your visit!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California

I am your newest follower. I invite you to visit my blog and follow me if you want too.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

Amanda said...

Love these! Every time I go to Mississippi and my hubby knows I will make a McCarty purchase, he always says, "no more bunnies!" haha that silly guy. There's still one more I have my eye on...the tall one!!