Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Anniversary! Mantel Before & After

Thirty three years and counting! Yes, I've been married 33 big ones! Those of you who read this blog regularly know how "blog shy" the hubby is...can't even mention his name (!) but I can't pass this opportunity to let you know about his kindness to me.
Our anniversary was actually yesterday, but being a coach's wife has made me very flexible when it comes to celebrating big events. We celebrated today. We began the day with breakfast made by him! Then onto Magee, Mississippi where we dropped by Gene Polk's Drug Store. What on earth, you are asking yourself!! Well, Polk's in Magee happens to have one of the largest inventories of Peter's Pottery in the state!! I was treated to this statement, (are you ready?!) "Whatever you want!" Music to my half deaf ears!! So he waited in the car as I surveyed the whole realm of pottery and made my selection!

Close your mouth...you ARE gasping, aren't you? It's the jade and nutmeg swirly cotton row VASE!

For those of you from Mississippi, you know the quality and beauty of Peter's Pottery. This vase is heavy and tall and WONDERFUL! Then on to Trees and Trends in Hattiesburg. I needed some greenery for the vase. 40% off works for me!! Now home to "flutter" as he calls it.

This is my mantel before. Adequate, but nothing to write home about.

This is the mantel with a few updates for spring and the big Mamajama vase.

(I know, you don't like the brass fireplace enclosure. But we do, so it's staying.)

I bought this oil painting at a garage sale years ago...I still love it...primitive as it may be.
I love the new look and truly appreciate the "Whatever you want" sentiment...lol. I am blessed to have been given such a good man.

Blessings and joy-filled hours on this Saturday,























9 comments:

Sharon @ Crooked Creek Studio said...

That vase is gorgeous! What a sweet husband you have. You are indeed blessed. Just noticed in a prior post you had been a bit under the weather. Glad you are feeling better!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Congratulations & Happy Anniversary! I'm not familiar with Peter's Pottery, but it is very lovely and really made a wonderful transformation of your mantel. I've got one of those "keepers" for a husband, too!
CAS

Susanne Thomas said...

Congratulations on your 33 years of marriage!! Love your transformation of your mantel!! Glad you are feeling better, enjoy the rest of the weekend:)

Susanne Allen Thomas

Libby said...

I've never seen a Peter's vase like this. It is beautiful! Happy Anniversary to you and "husband" !

Angela said...

I like all of it - even the brass. I think it's pretty.

Ricki Treleaven said...

What a nice present, Angela! Your mantel looks lovely. We have the brass fireplace enclosure, too. I like ours. Maybe it's a Southern thing or something. ;P

Have a blessed Sunday!
xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill

grey rose (they/them) said...

happy anniversary! what a sweet man!
love the pottery, such a wonderful vase! wow!

happy sunday!
xo

4mckenzies said...

Well, Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a wonderful day! Love your vase, too. :)

Sunny said...

From what I can tell about the oil painting, I wouldn't say it was primitive.