Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Friday, March 18, 2011

* The Color Purple...Window Transformation

I've had such an exciting and fulfilling day...I set up my flea market booth at the Magnolia Flea Market on hwy. 49 in Florence. If you read this earlier post you will remember how much I enjoy searching the Flea Markets in the area for unusual and useful finds. I have wanted to "get back into the business" for quite awhile. My booth isn't "up to snuff" yet, but over the next few weeks it will evolve! Speaking of an evolution...remember this beat up old window I scored a few weeks ago?

Well, look at her now!!
(Sidenote:I left her a little "chippy")..."hubster" doesn't get the chippy concept.
He thinks if you are going to lots (aka: 2 hours) of trouble to do something,
"it ought to at least LOOK like you went to the trouble"....lol. Men!?

Note to self: I need a larger rug...add to the "to do" list.
I must admit,the "hubster" came through here.
Let me "let you in" on a little secret...
my husband is an excellent coach,
a wonderful church deacon,
a loving grandfather and father,
a superb husband....
however, a handyman, he ain't.
So this was a supreme effort on his part..
beside that he gave up watching Matlock for 2 whole hours to help with this project.
There were a "few" exchanges during our time together on the porch...but all in all, he did very well.



Do you think it's true ... what they say... that when you start loving purple, you are an old lady?

I think that may be the case...but aren't these the prettiest petunias you've ever seen? (Gulp.)

And this little cheerful face?! I think I've gone mad for any shade of ______! Oh, my!

Last year I discovered that if you'd put little individual solar lights in your planters, at night when they light up, it looks like little stars on the patio! (Notice the purple Easter eggs?)

Bluebird has found a nice green place to land.

Since I rearranged the back porch furniture, I had to raise the candelier so "hubster" wouldn't bump his head...I need 4 more green candleholders.
<
All in all I am very pleased.
I will plant loads more flowers, repaint the furniture and do a powerwash when the pine pollen goes away, but for now...
I'm loving it!

I am attending Beverly's Pink Saturday,
Donna's Saturday Night Special,
Boost My Blog Friday at Design It Chic,
Romantic Home's Show and Tell Friday...
join us! Just click on the buttons on the right.
Join me at Metamorphosis Monday...use the button on the right to attend.
Hope all your petunias are purple,

8 comments:

Sharon @ Crooked Creek Studio said...

Ha! When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple... I love this poem! My mom gave me a calligraphy copy (a calligraphed copy??? No idea what to call it.) of this poem, along with the book of poems and a little old lady doll dressed in a purple dress. I will have to photograph her and post her on my blog.

Loved this. Such a feel-good post.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your window table is such a pretty piece! Your whole patio looks beautiful!

Yvonne said...

Wow! Such a beautifuy and pleasant area you have outdoors to relax in. Very creative idea with the table. Since it is see thru, the rug should take advantage of this.

Leontien said...

Love your table!!!

Thanks for sharing
Leontien

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Hi thanks for stopping by, I am your newest follower. I love the table and so glad you and the hubby survived the project! I can't wait to see your booth when you get it all put together, I just love snooping in other peoples booths. I just got back from mine and it looks like locus were there...Yea, they cleaned me out!

Carol

Unknown said...

Love the table. We have several old wooden windows left over from my Grandmother's house. I want to do something with them. Did you replace the glass with plexiglass? The glass in our windows is so old and fragile that I'm afraid they wouldn't support anything.

Unknown said...

What a great creation! Visitng you from Show and Tell Friday!
Roselle

The Rusty Bucket said...

I've done a makeshift window on crates for awhile until the kiddies added chips and not in a good way. I love your posts. They're actually more story-like with all the pictures.
Hope you're having a great wknd!
-Bethanie