Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Monday, February 28, 2011

Barney Cupcakette Cake

I am so old that I am now teaching children of former students!! Yikes! One of the teachers at my school is a former eighth grade student of mine, and I love her dearly. Last year her little girl turned two and was absolutely in love with Barney. My former student (now turned colleague) wanted a little something different for the party...not just the "run of the mill" cake. She had this great idea...which my teaching partner and I turned into reality!


She wanted tiny cupcakes for each two year old who attended the party...not regular sized ones, but the little tiny ones. Then she wanted the cupcakes made into a Barney shaped cake. Hmmmmm.....well, two cake mixes and 5 million cans of icing later we had done it. "Teaching partner" baked all 70 cupcakettes and I tinted and iced! The first teeny tiny cupcake Barney cake on the planet Earth was complete! Look at the cute scallops that were the result of edges of the cupcakettes...FYI: It took over 50 of the cupcakettes to make the cake.


It's almost Hallie's third birthday and I wanted to do a special post wishing her a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and hope she (and her mom and dad) will remember that we love her, too and we had a great time making Barney a reality cake for her!!


The above says it all!

I am linking up with Boogieboard Cottage and Beverly's Pink Saturday...use button on right to visit!

Blessings and cupcakes for everybody!

8 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Wow. Simply amazing. How many hours did it take?

Phyllis said...

I am so impressed with your Barney cake....it is just the cutest "cupcakette" that I have ever seen. Being a retired teacher, I think we are a creative lot who refuse to think that something cannot be done.....!!!

4mckenzies said...

OH MY!!! I'll have to tell my sister (S.A.S.S.Y. Cakes, have you ever heard of her?) that you did this! She'll be so impressed! And probably glad... (she doesn't like doing the mini's). I love it! That is the cutest cupcakette I've ever seen, too!

Angela said...

That is so cute! I love the idea of the tiny cupcakes underneath - great portion control, since you don't want to send your toddler guests home in sugar shock. Teachers rock!

Angela said...

I love your cake so much that I had to give you a little mention on my blog as my favorite for this Pink Saturday.

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Great work and such a fun idea! HPS

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

You have been busy. Very cute. Laura

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


Wow! This is a fun cake!


~ Gabriela ~