Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Happenings & Floppy Flowers

Some HAPPY HAPPENINGS:

1. First, one of my faithful readers commented that after reading the Floppy Flower post she tried the floppy flowers and made a headband for her little baby girl. I asked her to email me pics so I could post her results...below you will see little "SweetCheeks" and her rocking headbands!

How can it get any cuter than this? I'll answer that...it can't!! I bet she has a proud grandmama and aunt! I could pinch those cheeks!



"I can't hold my....eyes...open... another ... minute." Oh, the life of a tiny model! So exhausting! Thanks, MOM, for sending me "SweetCheeks' " pictures! I love it when somebody gets inspired and I get to see the results.

I took a quick cruise to *Tuesday Morning to find other girlie items to embellish. Below you will see the results! This is fun! I might put a floppy on Coach's hat.


Left to right: *Leather Mary Janes with embroidered hearts; *Ultra-suede hat; pink headband and tiny cloth sandals. I added satin flowers in various sizes to each item.


Granddaughter will love wearing this soft suede fur-lined hat. Warm and cute!


Can you think of anything sweeter than these Mary Janes? Nice value at Tues. Morning.

I remembered I had bought several crocheted baskets at HobLob for 68 cents each...unbelievable! So I added three sizes of the floppies to it.



Who could resist this cloth hat (little strap is tucked under for pic)...it was just begging for a floppy...99 cents....Tues. Morning. One more? Little cloth newborn sandals...with white satin floppies! This would be a cute happy! See more Floppy Flowers ideas here.

2. Now this was a Surprise...and I lovvvvve surprises!

I got a BIG surprise, when I opened my email and found that Cindy at Dwellings had honored me with The Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you very much, . You were so kind to think of me. Now everybody go to her blog and VISIT! You will be glad you did!



The Rules For Receiving this award are:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Answer 10 questions.
3. Pass along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered & enjoy.
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.

And the 10 questions are:

1. Why did you create this blog? My mind and heart are full. I love to write, create, share & help others.

2. What kinds of blogs do you follow? Home Decorating, those that inspire, remodeling, nest fluffers.
3. Favorite make-up brand? Beauti Control. (Odd name for a make up.)
4. Favorite clothing brand? Coldwater Creek
5. Indispensable makeup product? Mascara. Isn't that everyone's?
6. Favorite color? I go through "seasons"...right now I'm in the "All shades of green" period. 7. Favorite perfume? Estee Lauder "Beautiful". It's timeless. Can't be beat.
8. Favorite film? Gone With the Wind...sort of dates me, doesn't it?
9. What country would you like to visit and why? Scotland..that's the home of my ancestors.
10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face? Oh, mercy...blush, for sure.

Now the 7 blogs I've recently discovered...drumroll please...oh, my there are sooo many!

Michelle at Michelle Leach Art


Cathryn at Cathryn & Company

Ginger at 3mckenzies

Mrs. Magpie at The Quintessential Magpie


I hope you will take a few minutes and visit all these blogs...each is unique and I think you will enjoy them all. Please, leave a note to let them know you visited! (Click on names above to go right to their blog.)
I'm linking up with Dittle Dattle's Amaze Me Monday, The House In the Roses and Boogieboard Cottage! See buttons on right. Ya'll, these are two of the nicest ladies in "blogland"... please, visit their sites!

Enjoy the sunshine,

7 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

i'm so honored. i'm hving computer issues with certin keys. can you guess which ones? It's off and on with the 'a' key and the shift key which are now working. They are playing tricks on me, Angela. I am going to have to send the computer to the shop for about three weeks. When I return, I will be sure to thank you properly on my blog.

xo,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

P.S. Love that cute baby and the pretty creations!

Staci said...

What a beautiful baby and such a perfect model! :) Thanks Mrs. McInnis!

Tee said...

Hey, I know that baby! I went to high school with her Momma! Precious pictures, thank you for sharing them!

4mckenzies said...

Oh Mrs. McInnis!! Thank you for sharing my link on your blog!! My other 2 readers might get jealous!! :) I love to read yours though, you keep me laughing :) And I love your artwork, it inspires me (though I have yet to do any of my own... I have started sewing though, maybe Baker will let me post some of my projects on his blog... ). And THANK YOU for the scrap book stuff. I'm about to put it to good use!

grey rose (they/them) said...

WOW, thanks so very much!! now, to get a minute to blog about this honor, thank you and answer those fun questions...

Mary said...

I love it! Thank you linking up to Masterpiece Monday! Have a great week, Mary :O)