Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Friday, June 24, 2011

You've Got to Make the Moment Last

For those of you who remember Simon & Garfunkel, I always liked their kicky little tune, "Feelin' Groovy".... ah, does this date me or what? But it's still as relevant in 2011 as it was in 1966. The beginning line is "Slow down, you move too fast....You've got to make the moment last.." and then after explaining what a good day the singer has had, it ends with "Feelin' groovy"...


I had one of those "groovy" moments yesterday. I had an appointment with a delightful client to help her re-arrange and re-purpose her accessories in her home. On the drive home, I had that feelin'... groovy. Why? Because I had worked and I enjoyed the work. Let me rephrase, I LOVED the work. It wasn't just a way to put food on the table...I actually had a blast!


Now, the teaching profession (which is my full time profession) has been good to me...I am beginning my 31st year this fall...and I appreciate the fact that I've been able to contribute to our income all these years however, the feeling I had when I drove out of that driveway yesterday was different.



Let me explain...


1. I felt that I had done something that someone really appreciated;



2. I felt "at home" in what I was accomplishing;



3. I wasn't tired, as a matter of fact, I could have gone on for several more hours!



The best reward was her statement as we completed the task at hand..."I can't believe that I actually have to buy so little...we used what I had!" (I am certain her husband was happy with that conclusion.) I can NOT wait until I can do this type work full time. Don't get me wrong, I like my "day" job, but I think my part time job is "who I really am"!


Feelin' groovy,


2 comments:

A Toile Tale said...

I totally agree. I love my design work so much. It never seems to be work. I make an effort to keep my business very small so that I will always have that feeling. Three jobs at a time are my max. I can't shop for more than three at a time...I become too distracted. Glad you had such a good day.
Linda @ A Toile Tale

Libby said...

It truly is "who you really are!" Glad you had such a great time.