Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Thursday, June 9, 2011

To Burlap or Not To Burlap? That Is the Question

I am in a quandary...a conundrum of sorts.


Here's what I have in my dining area.



Outdated but I love the color combination.



Please, don't mention the blinds...they are staying...for now.


Here's what I found at the thrift store...


More than 15 yds of 54" wide pale buttery burlap for $15...donated by a decorator.


It's not your standard light brown, it's buttery...so pretty.



In my mind's eye I see softly pleated lined drapes on rings held up by pretty rods.



Saw this online and thought it was so pretty.


Am I crazy? Working with this stuff can't be easy. It sheds, it's hard to handle...



Any suggestions? Leave well enough alone?


I'd appreciate your ideas & opinions.



Let 'er rip, potato chip,



1 comment:

A Toile Tale said...

Do not stop! Do not pass go! Do not hesitate! Go for it! They would look lovely. Hint: Do not wear black while sewing.
Linda @ A Toile Tale