Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We Are Middle Class America!!

I had something between a fender bender and a wreck Monday afternoon. I am still too upset by the entire incident (and hubby's reaction to it) to say much about it here, but I do want to say something positive about the happening. Because of the "wreck" we had to leave our house very early this morning to take the car to the shop for repairs. When I walked out of the house it was just barely light around 6:30 a.m. By the time I reached the highway, I was amazed at all the traffic! Every small subdivision had cars lined up at their entrance to try to merge into the flow.

Lights were on in almost every home and it occurred to me that all these people were just plain, middle class Americans, rising early to make it to work by 7:00 a.m. They were up early (and probably worked late) to provide shelter, food and clothing for their families. I was very proud to be among them even though we were moving slowly. I thought how fortunate we all were to even have jobs...they might not be the most white collar, but by George, we were all in it together and we were all trying to do our darnest to get there on time.

My hat's off to my fellow Rankin Countians (that's in Mississippi...United States of America) who work hard, help others and love much!! I am happy to be counted as a middle class American!

No comments: