Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Frozen Salad....Make Ahead Idea

Here is the Frozen Salad recipe that I blogged about last night...it is one my whole family's favorites. One year I didn't make it and everyone pouted! You can keep this frozen for several months. This recipe came from my husband's sweet Aunt Kathryn...one of the best cooks I ever knew.



Frozen Salad


Ingredients:

1 quart Cool Whip, thawed; 1 pint sour cream; 1 large can crushed pineapple (drain slightly)

1 1/2 cups sugar; 4 tablespoons lemon juice; 1 cup chopped pecans; 3 mashed bananas;

1/2 cup chopped cherries (reserve jar juice)

Mix pineapple, cherries, bananas, lemon juice, sugar & pecans. Fold in Cool Whip and sour cream. Place in a 11 x 14 inch dish. (I use an aluminum cake pan.)

*I reserve some cherry juice and mix it in after the Cool Whip to tint salad pink.


Cover & freeze. Before serving, let sit out for a few minutes. This makes nice size square servings. Will serve 15-18 depending on the size you cut each piece. Return leftovers to freezer.

No comments: