Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Little Bling Has Entered the Pumpkin Patch!

I have been having a "running fit" to make some fabric pumpkins this year. Last year is just a blur and I didn't have the time nor the energy to research, gather materials, sew and fluff, but this year, I really didn't have an excuse. So it was to the garage I went...early in the morning...while it was still cool. Years ago, I bought a huge rolling garbage container and took it directly to the garage and promptly stored all my fabric in it.
Well, most of my fabric.
This time I was on the hunt for heavy upholstery fabric in seasonal colors for my pumpkins.
I had researched Pinterest for the quickest, most cost effective way to construct these little "pumps".
 Here are the "fruits of my labor"!
You know the first thing "the hubster" said, don't you?
"Whoever heard of a leopard pumpkin?"
Then..."Why can't you just make them look like regular pumpkins?"
Some people have NO imagination whatsoever!
I was showing a teenage girl these at the shop, and the first thing she said was,
"Oh, I looove the leopard one!" Yep.
Sparkly and shiny...I love these, too.
I am on a mission to see how many different types of pumpkins I can do this season.
I will post as I go! Next up...burlap...the new southern linen!

Hope you have a terrific week!

No comments: