Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Sunday, July 15, 2012

Paris In the Spring?

Summer days are fleeting...it's almost time to think about going back to school! Oh, wait!!! For the first time in over 31 years, I DON'T HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THAT! I can hardly wait for the first day of school....when I hear the alarm...I will turn over and go right back to sleep! Oh, happy day! What fun that will be.

Knee surgery is a thing of the past..sort of..I was dismissed from Physical therapy last week and I actually worked 3 days with a minimum amount of pain. I have really dropped the blogging ball this past year...living in constant knee pain sort of knocked my socks off...plus opening a new business while still trying to finish my old one, was difficult, but this is a new day...a new adventure has begun and I'm excited...

What does this Paris pin and old hankie have to do with the subject at hand, you might wonder?
 Well, the answer is absolutely NOTHING!
 But I did find this very interesting sack at the thrift store along with some other items and
just wanted you to see that I am still out unearthing neat "finds" and slowly getting my life back on track.
 BTW: I don't like the term "junking"... I prefer "treasure hunting"...
In the same sack were these violet items....and even though the mirror front was broken...
 the mirror itself is beautifully tarnished.
Tiny porcelain teapot and cup and saucer...
A little French lady,  in all her glory...
right along with the other discarded items...hand painted, broken armed and broken hearted,
 I am sure. How do I know this? Well, here is what I think happened....
Oops, one more pic before I begin the story. The chalk/plaster Scottie was on a nearby shelf...
I couldn't resist him.
What do you think the story is here?
A Jackson, Mississippi, Southern belle has her heart stolen by a beau...
said heart is also set on marrying and honeymooning in Paris...
probably in early spring..thus, the violets...
However, things don't go as planned and over tea, he breaks the engagement and her heart.
She hurls the mirror at him in a fit of rage,
gathers all the sentimental items, rushes to thrift store and donates them to charity.
The dog? Oh, it's a Scottie and is now her only companion...

Oh, yes...all items are on sale at my shop Dwellings...except the French doll...she sold the very first day.

What do you think?

No comments: