Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Little Fabric Stool...From Blah to Bling!

Sometimes things just line up correctly and viola!
You are in love!
That's me this morning. Look at what was "born" last night!!
The idea for her began in the thrift store. I brought her home and she patiently sat during all my knee surgery trauma. The idea fluttered by every once in a while, then became more dragonfly like...then like a wasp dive bombing...I couldn't ignore her anymore...I had to change her from a ugly duckling into a swan!
(My ideas start out gently and go full throttle quickly.)
Poor girl...she had seen better days...I hope.
We all deserve better than this...
Out comes "you know who"...in Old White.
One coat (and that wasn't a very thorough one)...but it is what it is.
Little re-cover...
with fabric that Sister picked up for me in Alabama...
Pre-distress......Better, but NOT perfect....
Distressed but not distraught.... she needs some fabric bling...
What to do , what to do....here comes the wasp...
Rolled and twirled flowers and burlap leaves...(and I have the hot glue blisters to prove it)...
those cuties aren't quite as easy as they look...)
I am in love....yep, I most assuredly am!

Love being the Fairy godmother,


No comments: