Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Sunday, June 17, 2012

Best Wishes to My Sweet Friend

I have a friend who I met 18 years ago. She was much younger than I, but we "team" taught a new class at the middle school for almost 5 years. She and I met, were thrown into that new class, told to make it work and we did. In the process, we became very close friends. I was there for all the drama of the "first child", we both had assorted ailments during those years, we laughed and cried over the happenings in our lives.

 Now, she is moving on to a great new job in a town pretty far away and my heart is sad. I have accepted that things will be different in some ways. Tonight the people of our church are honoring her and her  family and because I am still not functioning well, I will not be able to attend the "dinner". But I have been determined to do something of an art nature for her to take with her to her new home and new life!

I began at 6 a.m. this morning. It was the first day I have been able to actually be up on my legs all day. I just finished...it is now 5:55 p.m. I had to send the canvas with my husband and the Mod Podge was still not dry, but finish it, I did! (At noon, the hubster had to go to Wal Mart and buy me a gel mat to stand on...I was fading fast and I stand to paint. And that mat really helped.)
Here is my art and its significant points.
 
16x20 canvas Title: Friend 
(Friend- a person with whom one is on terms of mutual affection and respect.)
The cross reminds us of the burden our Savior bore on His shoulders for us.
 An angel wing and musical note edging...my friend has the voice and the patience of an angel.
 Proverbs 18:24...the depth of true friendship...no matter where we reside.
Queen Anne's Lace..my favorite flower....
a reminder of all the functions and fellowship we have enjoyed over the past 18 years.
I hope she will forgive the still fresh Mod Podge.
 My heart was in the right place, even if my limbs wouldn't quite cooperate!

I will sincerely miss you, Tasha,

No comments: