Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Saturday, October 1, 2011

"Falling In Love With Fall"

Woke to cool temperatures this morning and the hubster
made the first fireplace fire of the season.

Made some hazelnut coffee, read the paper....

I even took a nap this afternoon and ate Applebee's on the back porch. What a Saturday! (Sometimes you just need a real day off!)

However....I did do a little tablescaping somewhere in between coffee and the nap!

Tired of old, ready for something different. I removed everything...

I added a rust pashmina, black lantern and fall wreath. Woven chargers are ready to accept new china. What china, what china? (Don't tell anyone, but I'm a china-holic.)

My first attempt included McCarty nutmeg plates and square orange salad plates. Peter's pottery mugs and Del Mar Oneida silver looked ok, but it lacked something.

Off went the orange and in came Good Earth's Sparrow salad plates. The colors are beautiful but still weren't what I envisioned for this scape. Back to the drawing board...er, china hutch.

(Look at the up close and personal detail of Sparrow! Gorgeous!)
Opened the doors wide and pulled out these green, gold and rusty red dinner plates from Belk. Ok, now we are getting somewhere. Amber goblets added autumn color without being too distracting. Still not quite right...

What else is in the cabinet? Well, of course! How did I forget these?

I added vintage Royal China's Fairoaks over the solid plates. I think I love it!


I love trying different tablescapes for the changing seasons! I've had people ask me, "How do you have time to do all that?" The answer is quite simple....I put off other things...like dusting and cooking. HAHA!
Don't ever come to see me and write "Dust me" on my glass coffee table!!


I am linking to Decor to Adore's & The Table Scapers party this week.



Hoping your fall days are cool and filled with color,

8 comments:

Libby said...

Beautiful! Love that finishing touch. Time to pull out the Friendly Village!

The French Hutch said...

Oh wow, a fire already. I love a cozy fire and flavored coffee with a good book or great old black and white movie. Your day off sounds great to me, with a nap and dinner out. Your tablescape is gorgeous. Love the plates and I love the twine with a fall leaf for your napkin rings. Wow, great centerpiece with the lantern. Happy Fall. I'm visiting over from SS.......

~Emily
The French Hutch

grey rose (they/them) said...

lovely saturday indeed! all of your dishes are awesome. your final choices look great, happy fall! it is here!! xo

Snap said...

You are too funny! A girl can never have too many dishes! Love your fall tablescape. It is nice to take a day off. Have a fun week!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful tablescape and plates. You did a great job with the choises, just right for fall. Lovely. FABBY

The Tablescaper said...

Great table - all of them, but your transferware is exceptional. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Decor To Adore said...

Oh your tablescape is swoon worthy!

I love those chargers.

Thank you so much for linking up.

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

A drean Saturday. I love the last tablescape the best, though they are all pretty.