Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"The Unknown Quantity"

Henry Van Dyke was quite the interesting person...

Presbyterian minister and a poet with a love for life.



One of his quotes (that I love) is the following:

"Use what talents you possess.


The woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."

In life, we often shy away from doing something that we very much want to do because
of our fear of possible failure.



What if everyone who has done something really worthwhile had not acted but instead feared? What if one rejection or maybe a dozen rejections or even failures had scared away

the likes of Einstein, Bell or Salk?

So what if you aren't the best...artist, singer, musician, teacher?


How will you ever know what you could have been without trying and actually putting the talent you were given to some worthy purpose or use?

Don't be the bird that is afraid to sing because you aren't the best...

what a silent sad world that would be.


Dwell in possibility,

2 comments:

Libby said...

Amen! Wonderful, wise advice!

KimMalk said...

That's certainly difficult to remember, isn't it?