Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Friday, November 25, 2011

* Tale of Two Hairsprays

Ok, so for the first time in my life, I know what it's like to be on the other side of the counter on Black Friday! I just woke up from a little nap...it's now 8:45 pm and when I arrived home at 5:30 this afternoon, all I had strength to do was to eat supper and lie down "to rest" my feet. We had a very brisk day at Dwellings..to say the least.

Just a short post because I must remove my mascara, take a shower and hit the sack so I can start the madness all over again in the morning. Speaking of hairspray...for years, I have used an old Pantene hairspray bottle to mist my hair with water while rolling my hair. It was a pearly white color (the bottle, not my hair) and for some strange reason, I looked at it the other day and decided to throw it away...just like that, after years of faithfully pumping out a fine spray of misty water, I just tossed it. (This was my first mistake. Lesson: Never dispose of a tried and true friend in a moment of thoughtlessness.)

I use Suave hairspray..I know, I know...your great grandmother used that hairspray... you are probably horrified, but when you get to a certain age, a swing "do" just doesn't "do" anymore. I have to spray my mop until it feels concrete-ish. I don't carry off "swinging in the breeze" very well anymore.

I had purchased a new bottle of Suave and it has a new look, very updated. (See picture below to compare new and old design.) So I decided to retire the old Pantene bottle and use my "old" Suave bottle instead of Pantene to mist my unrolled hair. If you must know, this misting gives tired, limp, thin hair a tiny boost at the roots. (I heard you snicker.)

Now, I'll make this short...I was late for work at Dwellings the other morning. I don't know why, but I have made it to school by 7:15-7:30 every day for 31 years and I can't make it to work at my own shop, which doesn't open until 10:00! I digress...I was hurrying to tame the wild beast, as my hair is affectionately known, and as I finished it's morning tease, I began spraying the "concrete spray" for all it's worth. Completing that job, I grabbed my toothbrush and began brushing...hurry, hurry. I gave my hair a last once over and noticed, it felt funny, so I grabbed the Suave again and began spraying away. What on the planet is wrong with this NEW spray, I wondered. Every time I sprayed, which by this time was the fourth time, my hair looked more limp and a whole lot like I'd been caught in a tsunami! This new formula certainly didn't dry as quickly as the old one either...uh, oh. You see where this is leading, don't you? Of course, you do...I was spraying with the "water" bottle, NOT the hairspray bottle. STOP THE MADNESS!

After blow drying it and quickly re-rolling, misting and spraying it with the right bottle, I was on my way....one more hurdle in life cleared...where is my Pantene bottle when I need her? The "new" misting bottle now has a great big X on it...I think I'm getting old in my old age.



May your hair swing freely your whole life,

1 comment:

Bev said...

Oh, my. I've done something similar with conditioner - thinking it was shampoo. I looked like a cocker spaniel caught in the rain.

How is your shop doing? Post pictures, please!