Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23

Yesterday in post, I skipped one of the most important pictures I intended to show.
For years I have collected small sheep and lambs. Some are reproductions of old
German sheep. Others are bisque or chalk, but they all have one thing in common.
They all represent an animal that Jesus used frequently in talking about His followers.

In this little display are my sheep.

The top shelf contains a redware candleholder, my grandmother's miniature Webster's Dictionary, a salt glaze sheep from my trip to Pennsylvania and a redware bowl my mother brought me from Williamsburg.
The bottom shelf contains a Friendly Village bread and butter plate and my other lambs and sheep.

I say all that to say this...years ago I read the most wonderful book by Phillip Keller. It's title is
A Shepherd Looks At Psalm 23. Keller, who was a shepherd himself, explains the context of the Twenty Third Psalm from a shepherd's view. It is not only an insightful interpretation, but it is also a down to earth explanation of the various symbols in the chapter. I think you would find it interesting.

In his concluding Introductory paragraph Keller says that if the reader comes to the book with an open mind..."fresh truth and exciting glimpses of God's care and concern for him will flood over his being. The he will be brought into a bold, new appreciation of the endless effort put forth by our Saviour for his Sheep.."

I highly recommend the book. It's older and you may have to go through Amazon to purchase it. But its revelation will be worth the effort.

No comments: