Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I'm Still Here!

It is July 2, three weeks after having my knee replaced. I am lying in bed looking out my back Windows....watching my puppy, Dottie dart by, seeing the horses grazing in the pasture. Mostly I am watching life pass by like a blur. It is like sitting in your car watching the Illinois Central zoom by. I am, by nature, someone who likes to be out and about. Searching for antiques for my shop or house, working in my yard, visiting and shopping with friends, running errands with or for my grandchildren. That's my thing. Being down for the count was never on my bucket list. No position is comfortable. Not sitting, lying or standing. There is one thing I can do well and that is THINK. Being out of the loop has caused me to think about things from a different perspective. As in "old person's" perspective. I think back and wonder what my grandmothers must have felt like...alone waiting for a call or a letter maybe a visit from a member of the family. It's such a small expenditure of personal time...but such a large dividend for the lonely. Don't get me wrong....I will return...as the Terminator said. But older persons in our life don't always have that option. As I have caught up with long ago students and friends on Facebook, I have been thrilled to see the number who have gone into occupations that truly help others. Physical therapy (my current favorite), nursing, teaching...all require a certain giving up of one's own life. And I have seen the "good" side of Facebook. For each time I have felt lonely or afraid, if I post, here comes the Calvary. Sending good wishes and high hopes for the future. It may be little in other's eyes but it's been a Godsend to me. Hope you have a happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did I miss your mention of another knee surgery. I know you must be climbing the walls with boredom, but I find that when I am my quietest some of my most imaginative ideas come to mind. Heather in Oxford

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I am so glad you are keeping up on Facebook-I know what you mean about thinking too much. I was sick last year and it was terribly lonely and scary at times-especially thinking of the future and what was to come. It is so easy to get depressed ,especially when you have always been very active! Hope your recovery is swift and you are back treasure hunting soon.