Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Thursday, April 4, 2013

From Light to Light...with help from Annie Sloan


Look what I spied in a dusty corner of the shop!
A vintage light fixture!
I had a vision of something better.
Even after her transformation, she can still be rewired and used
as a ceiling fixture.

After cleaning, a coat of Annie Sloan Coco was added.
Then clear waxed followed by a dark wax...uh, oh...
too dark.
So I re-painted the fixture Coco
and rubbed off enough of the paint to let the brass show through.

Better.

The detail is so pretty.

What about some candles instead of light bulbs?

Or maybe some pretty crackled glass ?

Maybe some feathered candle rings?

The early morning hours were spent trying on new toppers!
I loved these etched glasses..


What else could be done with this dusty old thing?





No comments: