Welcome!

I am glad you chose to visit! My blog is a compilation of the many hats I find myself wearing. On any given day I may be an encourager, an instructor, or just a lady who is venting. You, dear reader, will probably identify with my triumphs and my tribulations! These snapshots fit into my Life Scrapbook I have named A. McInnis Artworks. I hope you will find something worth your while.


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Are We Being Bombed?

What a difference a year makes! (Or for that matter, a day.)

Here sit my Carolina Jasmine vines...
ready to be moved to their new home.

I almost did it...I almost planted them early Monday afternoon...
BEFORE EASTER!!!

"No! No!No!" implored a little voice in my head.
You DO know the old saying, don't you?
NO PLANTING BEFORE EASTER
OR
BEFORE THE PECAN TREES LEAF OUT.
So I watered them once again and let them sit.



This time last spring, all was well.
Buds and blossoms everywhere!
Spring had truly sprung.
Not this year!


We had a hailstorm to beat all hailstorms day before yesterday (Monday).
Hail the size of golfballs and baseballs freely fell from the sky.
Thousands of cars and homes were damaged, people were knocked in the head
and the weather wreaked havoc (or mayhem) throughout our area.

On this first day of spring, I will be waiting on the insurance adjuster to survey
the damage to my cars, screens, siding, and my 5 day old new roof.
The septic system went out...the lights in the house won't come on in some rooms.
All in all, it's a bad scene around here.

The Hubster had just gotten the yard cleaned up from winter...
I, HOWEVER, DID NOT PLANT MY JASMINE VINES!!

I remembered... (thank goodness.)


No comments: